The nervous system is the control and communication system of the body. Its job is to send and receive messages, as well as controls all your thoughts and movements. If its communication channels become fuzzy or damaged, then we experience all sorts of communication errors. For babies and children this purposeless communication may play out as irritability, inability to breastfeed, developmental delays, asthma, poor sleep, headaches, low energy, inability to concentrate, etc.
While physiotherapy intension is to help with some health problems, our focus is not treating or curing ailments; our focus is to prevent many kinds of health issues and improve overall health.
It is true that more research is needed for the benefits of physiotherapy for babies and children. However, physical therapy for little ones has been shown to be safe, effective and gentle. Babies can be checked by therapists very soon after birth with special techniques. That’s why it is not even surprising that many parents have been taking their children to see a physical therapist and have their spine and nervous system evaluate.
Is Physiotherapy Safe for Children?
Many studies have reported that it is indeed safe, effective and has many benefits especially for the kids. Physical therapists have been helping kids to have a better life and improve overall health. They use a very gentle touch and will treat your kids with the utmost of care.
10 reasons why parents should take their children to see a physotherapist:
- To support their child’s overall health and well-being
- To assist with colic and Irritable baby syndrome
- To encourage good spinal posture
- To assist with behavioral disorders
- To assist with bed wetting
- To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development)
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies
- To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate
- To help alleviate digestive problems